Pharmacy and Arcade
Built in 1784 on arches, the pharmacy linked the monks’ infirmary and the medicinal plant garden. The ensemble offered visitors a large axial perspective between the Brussels Gate and the abbot’s palace. Carts and coaches circulated under the arches in the central parts and pedestrians on the sides. According to the accounts of the pharmacy in the 18th century, we know that the monks made frequent use of purgative potions and pectoral remedies.