Caring for the sick was an important part of the work at Villers Abbey. Built in the 13th century, away from other buildings to avoid the risk of contamination, the monks’ infirmary was a large room with a probable area of 770 m². Around 1600, it was moved to the former lay brothers’ dormitory, near the pharmacy and its medicinal garden. In the 18th century, a library was added to the building and the ground floor became the novitiate.