Farm Gate

The farm gate must have functioned as the main gate to the abbey during the first decades. It then became a secondary gate and in the 16th century an interior gate leading to the enclosure of the newly built farm. Abbot Hache (1716-1734) gave it its monumental appearance with two towers framing a porch. Around 1856, a villa was built there before being destroyed after the expropriation of the site by the Belgian State in 1892.